At Horbäach we understand that consumers want products they can rely on. Products that they know meet specific standards and do not contain genetically modified ingredients. At Horbäach, we have strict protocols in place to ensure that you can trust our label and that our Non-GMO products are exactly what they say they are.
WHAT ARE GMOS?
GMOs, also known as Genetically Modified Organisms, are new organisms produced through processes that change the genetic make-up of the original organism. This occurs when genes are deliberately manipulated to gain characteristics that would not normally occur in nature.
Genetically Modified Organisms utilize genes from different species to create new organisms. This is very different from the natural evolution of a species that occurs when plants are reproduced through natural cross pollination and cross breeding.
OUR NON-GMO ASSURANCE PROCESS
Horbäach's Non-GMO pledge is our commitment to identifying Non-GMO products to our loyal customers. Each and every product with our Non-GMO pledge icon has successfully gone through our strict Non-GMO assurance process. This process adheres to strict guidelines and ensures that every Non-GMO product has been thoroughly researched, tested, or has proper documentation.
OUR NON-GMO SOURCED STANDARDS
At Horbäach, we have developed a set of guidelines to ensure the accuracy of the labeling of our Non-GMO sourced products
- The raw materials we use in our products are not made or grown from plants that have been knowingly produced with genetically modified organisms.
- Our suppliers must use Non-GMO sourced ingredients in the manufacturing of the items they supply us. They are required to provide proper documentation and confirmation that states the ingredients are Non-GMO sourced.
- Suppliers are required to use Non-GMO sources of raw materials that are commercially available in GMO varieties such as sugar beets, corn, canola, and other crops.
- Procedures are in place to ensure that our suppliers, who also handle GMO raw materials or finished products, segregate GMO and Non-GMO materials to eliminate cross contact of GMO and Non-GMO Materials. It is required that they not only keep these materials separated at all times, but they also must maintain proper cleaning measures.
- Suppliers are evaluated for Non-GMO sourced traceability and production measures as part of our routine Non-GMO ingredient review procedure. Parts of the audit protocol include review of supportive documentation, site visits, and PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) testing for verification.
- Products that make an Organic claim or have been made with Organic ingredients are not genetically modified. Our Organic products are certified in accordance with the USDA National Organic Program, which does not allow GMOs.